Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Anything but Turkey Tonight!

I made the best turkey for Thanksgiving. It was delicious and juicy, and everyone loved it. However, since it was quite a large bird we had lots of left overs, even with everyone taking some home! We have been eating turkey leftovers for several days now and I'm just over it.

I was going to make a nice Mexican beef burrito dinner, but my local supermarket didn't have all the ingredients I needed in stock, so I decided to make shrimp fried rice instead.


Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe

8 ounces shrimp (peeled, deveined and no tails)
2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
4 green onions (sliced)
3 eggs (beaten)
4 cups cooked rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce

In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil till hot, add garlic and fry till brown, take out and discard. Add shrimp to oil and stir fry until cooked through (2 to 3 minutes). Remove shrimp and set aside.

Add other tablespoon of oil to wok and scramble eggs set aside. Add rice to wok and stir fry until hot and dry, add soy sauce and stir until rice is even brown in color. Add shrimp and eggs and stir fry 2 minutes. Add green onions and stir fry another 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are good and hot.

Serve immediately.

Variations:

I like to stir fry in any veggies I have on hand. Tonight I'll add to the above some sliced mushrooms, bean sprouts, shredded carrot, and green and red bell peppers. It will be both colorful and nutritious!

If you enjoyed this article Subscribe to my RSS Feed.

No comments: